jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How often do you write just to write, rather than to be published?

1. parentsreview profile image83
    parentsreviewposted 6 years ago

How often do you write just to write, rather than to be published?

2. rlaha profile image68
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I write all the time just because I feel like writing.  Sometimes I go back and edit things in my writing.  If I don't feel like publishing it, I don't.

3. Tony DeLorger profile image80
    Tony DeLorgerposted 6 years ago

As a writer I believe that written expression is to be shared, the ultimate goal. Whether it is published on line or in books is not important, nor is the income it may generate. What is important is the connection of people through language. In my earlier days much of my work was not shared, due to my expectations of quality and often doubts about my thoughts. However having written some tweleve books and thousands of poems, I like to share my every thought. Hubpages gives a wonderful platform for my work and it is indeed an honour and privilege to share with other writers of similar intention.

4. That Grrl profile image62
    That Grrlposted 6 years ago

Sometimes I even type just to feel my fingers creating on the keyboard. A third of the letters and characters on my keyboard are worn away. It doesn't matter for typing/ writing. But, it makes me second guess myself when I'm making ASCII art (pictures created with the standard keyboard characters).

5. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Never, there is an old saying, can't remember where from:
    'no man, but a fool, ever wrote except for money.'

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

all the time. i don't care in the least about being published, i just enjoy putting my thoughts, ideas and knowledge into a story.

7. Jyoti Patil profile image67
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

I don't remember the last time I wrote something to get it published. A writer would write mostly to share expressions and stories.

working