jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it that "uninterested" people are also "uninteresting" people?

1. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

Why is it that "uninterested" people are also "uninteresting" people?

2. K. Burns Darling profile image83
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

Human beings are by nature social beings.  We enjoy the camaraderie of coming together to interact, socialize, break bread, etc.. a benefit of this coming together is that we both teach and learn about new things from each other.  A person who has no interest is not interesting to us because they have nothing to bring to the table. .

3. akirchner profile image98
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

Passionate people make passionate statements and easily 'draw' people to them.  Perhaps that is why we think of them as sparkly or full of life.  People who never get involved or have zero interests are just boring.  They become part of the "wallpaper" of life and are easily overlooked because they have chosen not to participate. That said, some people are just naturally more outspoken and fired up while others may be reticent to display their thoughts or ideas before the world at large.  I imagine I'm a little bit of both though I've been told personally that a little bit of "interesting" goes a LONG, long way~~

4. Sarah Bolluyt profile image58
    Sarah Bolluytposted 6 years ago

I don't know if it is always true, but it has proven to be so in my limited observation.  smile  I find any person to be interesting who takes an interest in life - this to me means any person who is seeking answers, or who has found answers.  To get an answer, you have to ask a question.  This is where curiosity comes in - curiosity involves questioning things.  If you do this - question something - then you necessarily care enough about it to also argue with it.  (You don't argue with someone unless you actually care about them.)  For instance, I find everything around me sufficiently shocking that I have to question it, and in turn argue with it.  The sky is shocking big, and also shockingly blue; I was the child who asked not only why the sky was blue - but also, why on earth it didn't choose to be red instead (red was my favorite color, even as a kindergartener, and I could not comprehend how the sky could possibly believe any other color superior).  So, I guess a shorter summary would be... I find curiosity attractive.  It has a tremendous amount to do with personal taste I suppose, but that is my reasoning.  smile

5. DrMikeFitz profile image60
    DrMikeFitzposted 6 years ago

growing up i often thought people who got "bored" were simply boring then. then i heard a quote from someone famous/wise stating that there are no lazy people, just uninspired. when we find what truly inspires us, NOT motivates, (the former is internal, the latter external and temporary). most are either afraid of the future or held back by guilt of the past.

cheers to letting go of the past, embracing your future potential, finding what is your purpose in life, which is perhaps just being YOU.

working