jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you please explain me what needs to be done to protect my copyright on my wo

1. Charu Bhatnagar profile image81
    Charu Bhatnagarposted 6 years ago

Can you please explain me what needs to be done to protect my copyright on my work?

Kindly tell me the procedure to put a copyright notice in my work, and what needs to be done to protect it from infringement.

2. Swetankraj profile image67
    Swetankrajposted 6 years ago

Its very simple and straight. Just look at my some hubs you will find a banner named "PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE DO NOT COPY". Use this on every hub you wright as i do. (GET THE BANNERS FROM HERE -http://www.copyscape.com/banners.php?o=f

Second, Take a look at my one of the hub at bottom of the hub (where hub finished). You will find legal notice and a link "Terms of Uses" and Warning. Post such notice at every page you wright.

Third, On your profile page use notice as i do (you can copy from my profile page but correct some links as there in my page and check it if you need to modify for yours), Remember you stated "Terms of Uses" on every page under hub, link it to your profile page as i have done.

But remember this is just to do your best to stop it from infringement of you work. There is lots of cheaters who will copy and may be publish it to their site. You cant stop it, You can use Google Alert to see who is using your work and published.

Hope this helps you if you find difficulties please contact or post here.

3. GAbaptist profile image77
    GAbaptistposted 6 years ago

As already stated, you can post copyright notices on your work, but as I have found out from filing copyright claims, it is a little more trouble to actually follow through with taking action against violators.

It is easy to file DMCA complaints and have websites removed from search engines for violating copyrights, but if you want to actually file a claim of infringement, be prepared to actually go to court and pay legal fees and so forth. Most content thieves understand the enormous effort required to successfully prosecute these cases and that is why they don't worry about it too much. Add to this the fact that most work under fake identities makes it doubly hard to track them down.

There are whole communities on the web dedicated to stealing content and using it for personal gain. If you don't believe it, just do a google search for "blackhat world seo". If you visit that site and browse a few forums, you will quickly understand just what a monumental task it would be to stop this type of stuff from happening, especially online.

4. Charu Bhatnagar profile image81
    Charu Bhatnagarposted 6 years ago

Thank you both for the answers. I guess it is a huge task to protect my own work. :-(

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

As soon as you publish something it is automatically copyrighted. If you look at the bottom of every page on Hubpages you will see a copyright notice. You don't need to add any extra to your hub.

6. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

I wrote a short statement at the lower edge of my profile page.  It says not to copy my writing or photos.  Now I see that it can be much more complicated than that if you suspect someone is stealing your work.

working