jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is there an advantage to doing the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge? If so, what is

1. billybuc profile image90
    billybucposted 5 years ago

Is there an advantage to doing the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge?  If so, what is that advantage?

I am already basically averaging one hub per day but I'm wondering if this is an official challenge that affects my hub score?

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

The 30/30 is not an "official" challenge unless you count making an online announcement as "official" .  If you already are writing one Hub per day, you may not need to do the 30/30.  Since I did have some experience doing writing online projects before coming to HubPages, the 30/30 was helpful for me because the 30/30 deadline is similar to completing online deadlines.  Only you are the one who sets the goal and completes it.  The 30/30 builds confidence for writers who have never tried writing for an online company, and even if you've already had the online writing experience and got paid for it, you will get to know yourself even better as a writer.  This is what I came away with when I completed my two.  I found that I could write my 30 long before the deadline, then keep writing a Hub a day or more after that.  Others may see this process differently, but if you don't complete the 30/30 for whatever reason, you can always go back and do it again.  Personally, I don't care about my Hubscore.  My score drifts from 89 to 93.  I write to please me--not the Google gods.

3. billybuc profile image90
    billybucposted 5 years ago

Arlene...that's the answer I wanted to read. The Hub score amuses me more than anything else. It was curiousity more than any other reason why I asked the question...thank you.

4. EclecticFusion profile image80
    EclecticFusionposted 5 years ago

I just like the challenge. I'm just 10 days in with my 30/30 challenge and I think it helps keep me writing. Some days I feel like I don't have any ideas or a creative bone in my body, but knowing that I have to come up with something keeps my brain from growing cobwebs!

5. Ruby H Rose profile image76
    Ruby H Roseposted 5 years ago

Keeps us in good writing practice.  Keeps the grumbles away.  Keeps me motivated to not give up on myself.  Remember always, you got something to say.  If you are writing every day any way, kudos, keep it up.  Using the challenge is just a way of saying you are stepping up to the plate, in my humble opinion.

6. annart profile image86
    annartposted 5 years ago

Glad you asked as I was wondering the same myself.  Interesting to read the replies about improving writing.  I agree with you that hub scores are the most interesting - I find mine fluctuate for no obvious reason and don't seem to keep to any rhyme or reason!  So we'll just keep enjoying the writing.

7. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

If you think about your overall hub views will in increase. Im going to see if I can do it why do you follow me to see if I can

8. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

This article discusses the benefits of participating in a Hub Challenge...with a Twist! Integrating a Hub Challenge and a HubPages Contest simultaneously has Many Rewards and Benefits! read more

9. Victoria Lynn profile image91
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

Have you tried writing 30 hubs in 30 days? I completed the 30 day challenge and can share with you the advantages and disadvantages of participating in the challenge. Advantages of writing experience. read more

working