jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

You may keep only one book. Which one will it be?

1. PatriciaTL profile image84
    PatriciaTLposted 6 years ago

You may keep only one book.  Which one will it be?

Think of this as a slight variation on the FAHRENHEIT 451 premise:  all books will be destroyed.
    The variation:  each person may keep one book. What book would you choose to keep?

2. wonderingwoolley profile image56
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

my nook book. Is that too cheeky of an answer, because otherwise, I could never decide!!

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

Hmm.... something that I'll read time and time again, something that I can learn from and gain inspiration from. Either Stephen King's Blaze (yes, written as Richard Bachman) or Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide.

4. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

hmm...I don't know If I'd keep a book. I've read so much its already in my head. After awhile reading it so much you'd have it memorized. lol

5. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

I would be 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff.' It is filled with lots of ideas and suggestons that keep one grounded. My Bible verses are in my heart and mind...so the book that I can touch would be DSTSS.

6. Brainy Bunny profile image95
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

Can I keep the Oxford English Dictionary? I have the one-volume edition, so that should count as one book (although it weighs about 40 pounds!).

7. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I love so many books!  If I could only pick one, it would be a book of daily Christian devotionals.

8. ThatYossarian profile image61
    ThatYossarianposted 6 years ago

I think I'd take my Collected Works of Shakespeare. (If that's allowed, of course.)

9. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

The dictionary, as I grow older, I can't remember how to spell many words.

10. Darkmetaly profile image67
    Darkmetalyposted 6 years ago

The Hobbit I always like it. the adventure and the feel it creates.

11. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Children's Book Review of "My Side of the Mountain", by author Jean Craighead George. This is the first book in a trilogy about a boy named Sam Gribley who lives in New York and wants to run away. He plots his adventure and heads up into the Catskills Mountains of Upstate New York. read more

12. Bretsuki profile image81
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

If I have to choose one book I would go with a book which I have not read yet.

I am familiar with the writings of Bill Bryson, having read several of his books about his experiences living in Britain and the United States, and find him very funny.

The book I would choose is Bill Bryson's The History of Almost Everything.