jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What made you decide to become a writer?

1. Lady E 323 profile image54
    Lady E 323posted 6 years ago

What made you decide to become a writer?

after working for walmart and stocking what made u leave florida to go to texas and become a writer

2. profile image57
    khadeejahposted 6 years ago

Subconsciously I always think about writing ,there was no decision. As a child if i am worried about something I write about it and I feel better.

3. Kareem Gantt profile image77
    Kareem Ganttposted 6 years ago

Hi Lady E!!

I always had a passion for writing. When i was in High School, I started out writing for the school paper. Then in my senior year, I was the sports editor for the paper. I even won a Florida Scholastic Press Association award for my sports editorials. I guess, I kinda let up on my dream because after I graduated High School, I gained full-time employment. After that, I kinda let my writing fall by the wayside. It was not until I was employed at Walmart that I got back into my writing again. It was a dark time for me, a time were I almost committed suicide. But thanks to God and great friends, I was able to overcome my depression and finally realize what me true purpose in life was.  When I was fired from Walmart 2 years ago, that's when I re-sharpened my focus on journalism.

I guess you can say, getting fired from Walmart was a blessing in disguise. And on a side note, I am not in Texas, but I plan on moving back to my beautiful sunshine state soon.

Thank you for your question and I hope you read more of my hubs :-)

4. Deborah Minter profile image93
    Deborah Minterposted 8 months ago

One day, ideas for story's kept coming, and I just had to write them. I can't say it was a decision. My major actually was Environmental Science..... The twist and turns of life.