Where do you get your writing ideas?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. JamesPoppell profile image71
    JamesPoppellposted 12 years ago

Where do you get your writing ideas?

For me it is when I am in the shower. Call me weird but it seems as though ideas come out of thin air while I am showering early in the morning.  Ideas also come to me when I am driving. How about you? What activity are you doing when ideas come to you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6164166_f260.jpg

2. Marlin 55 profile image70
    Marlin 55posted 12 years ago

I get ideas when I drive. My minds jut seems to disconnect and I go someplace else.

3. rlaha profile image61
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

I get my inspirations in many places. Most of the time it is when I am almost asleep, and am too comfortable to get out of the blankets to write down my thoughts.  Other times, I will be researching on some topic and will get an inspiration, so I can write my ideas down then.  That's a great question!

4. profile image52
    castlefan08posted 12 years ago

alot of people getting writing ideas from things that they have experienced in their lives, or maybe something that a close friend has been through.Another good way to get ideas is when your out saying at a shopping centre, you should sit and when someone walks passed you try and think of a life story for them. This usually helps with ideas

5. profile image0
    KatrineDalMonteposted 12 years ago

My writing is in personal development, and my motivation comes from my own life experience. I also get many ideas for new article titles at my 'day job'. Watching people around, interacting, observing the behaviours etc. all help to provide good solid foundations for new writing ventures.

6. michiganman567 profile image73
    michiganman567posted 12 years ago

Usually I get ideas when I am commenting or answering a question, or having a discussion with someone online.  I like to show proof when I make a claim, so a lot of times I think that the proof should all be in one place.  My hub is always a good place for that.

7. JamesPoppell profile image71
    JamesPoppellposted 12 years ago

These are all great answers. It always fascinates me where and how people get their writing ideas. Thank you so much for answering. Let's keep the answers coming in....

8. Jean Bakula profile image94
    Jean Bakulaposted 12 years ago

I get many from Metaphysical and Astrology groups I belong to. But often ideas just come to me from books I'm reading, or when I'm driving, for some odd reason!

9. ladeda profile image59
    ladedaposted 12 years ago

I get many of my writing ideas when I travel. It doesn't even have to be far away from home, but new places and experiences always seem to leave me with plenty of writing inspiration.

When I'm at a loss for topics sometimes I browse through the questions on HubPages to see what others are curious about and what sparks my interest.

10. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

Like riaha, I get inspirations from many places, but mostly from cemeteries, family history, and my travels.  Only occasionally from another's hub or a comment I made on someone else's hub.

11. teaches12345 profile image78
    teaches12345posted 12 years ago

Being new to hubpages, I am just learning to gather hub ideas and to find my niche. I am glad to read that many other hubbers are inspired by every day living and through interaction with other people.  Driving seems to be one place that many of us can reflect without interruption.  Great question and one I am interested in following.

12. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 12 years ago

Anywhere I can.  I am always ready to run to my computer and write something down.  I also try to keep myself informed, and the majority of my hubs are about politics, so naturally just events in the news in general are something I tend to use.

Also, if someone leaves the right comment, that can inspire me to think about a topic and right a hub about it.

13. Justjed profile image60
    Justjedposted 12 years ago

Before now. it has been anything that comes to my head. But since, i intend to make some bucks from writing, I intend to build my writings around hot niches which are highly searched and this will make me earn more. Though the hot niches has to be around what I am passionate about so the writing is effortless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)