jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you usually carry a notebook or Moleskine to capture those writing ideas and

1. Drax profile image77
    Draxposted 6 years ago

Do you usually carry a notebook or Moleskine to capture those writing ideas and Why or Not ?

2. Elisa659 profile image70
    Elisa659posted 6 years ago

Yes, I do have a leatherbound journal- in my car actually that helps to keep thoughts in some kind of order..however, still tend to have scraps of paper with thoughts written- all over the place.. I have to write things down- have to, have to, have to... Curious as to why this question was asked?

3. suncat profile image57
    suncatposted 6 years ago

I like to have a little notebook with me so that I can write ideas down or doodle little things.

But I usually make my own by cutting regular paper by hand or with a cutter and stapling it. I like to make some pretty covers from pretty cookie or candy boxes or cards.

Sometimes I use the cards for actual pages and cut them to the size I need.

I like to make stuff and this is a useful type of craft.

4. Drax profile image77
    Draxposted 6 years ago

@Elisa.. I am always interested how writers approach the job of writing, on one hand a notebook can become filled with random thought as opposed to sitting down to write a poem or a chapter, a piece of writing clearly defined... with a beginning and an end...

5. shellyakins profile image70
    shellyakinsposted 6 years ago

I have mine open on my desk right now.  It's in my purse and I also have one next to my bed for those just-falling-asleep ideas.  I wrote a hub called "What to put in a writer's notebook."  Check it out!  It tells more of my notebook ideas.

6. ufk profile image81
    ufkposted 6 years ago

Damn right. I have always used notebooks of all shapes and sizes...and I have always kept a detailed diary too....and my shelves at home are groaning under the weight of lyric-laden journals. I mostly write songs and musicals...but also the occasional novel....and I have notes and jottings all over the place. If I am writing properly (not just keeping notes and ideas) in a journal...the book has to inspire me. I have abandoned many books after writing just a few mediocre songs. When I wrote a A Tale of Lady Stardust...a tribute to my recently departed wife...I wrote the whole book by typing it into my iphone in the pub....e-mailing it to my mail address...and copying it straight onto hubpages. I like to write like that now....BUT I am still forever carrying notebooks. I hope that has enlightened you....ha ha smile