jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What book changed your life or inspired you to be a better person?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image60
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

What book changed your life or inspired you to be a better person?

2. billybuc profile image86
    billybucposted 6 years ago

"To Kill A Mockingbird"....I read it at age twelve and was blown away by the emotions I felt after reading it. If I were to pick on book that influenced me to be a writer this was the book.

3. krosch profile image60
    kroschposted 6 years ago

Rich Dad, Poor Dad, really inspired me to take control of my own fiscal life and changed me forever.

4. healthwriterbob profile image83
    healthwriterbobposted 6 years ago

The book "The Killer Angels," a fictional version of the Civil War Battle of Gettysbury by Michael Shaara, depicted how people on both sides of the war had the courage and strength to stand up and fight for what they believed in. They faced unimaginable physical hardships, but were able to rise above them because in their minds they felt their cause was right and just.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I can't say that a book has ever inspired me to be a better person. I supposed I have been inspired to improve myself in a professional way by reading Maurice's Strategikon, Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, Malone's Small Unit Leadership, the Seven Habits of Highly-Effective People, and Emily Post's Etiquette (Peggy Post Edition). A Book called Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (by five queers) got me interested in food and clothes, which inspired me to read a book called A Gentleman Gets Dressed Up, by Bridges and Curtis. I also read a great book about reading and controlling body language by I don't remember whom. I can't say I am a better person in general after reading these books, but they did inspire some self improvement.

6. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

Not so much a book as a poem, Rumi's "Who is at the Door". I recently wrote a hub about the change it inspired in my life if you feel like reading the details. In summary, the poem inspired me to look outside of myself and become the person I really am instead of who I was because I was living for others instead of what I should have been living for. He has written several poems that have influenced me but that one is the one that encouraged the most changes!

7. Juliek958 profile image60
    Juliek958posted 6 years ago

Listening to the Heartbeat of God by John Phillip Newell.  It was a biggie in my life.  I did a hub review of it.

working