jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is the one thing that your spouse does that has made you a better person?

1. petenali profile image85
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

What is the one thing that your spouse does that has made you a better person?

Personally, I am fully aware that a great part of me being who I am today is as a direct result of my wife's input into my life.  She continually challenges me to be all that I can be and move outside of the expected norm.  She is a catalyst to me doing things I would not have done before.  I am a better person with her in my life.  How about you?

2. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

My husband encouraged me to take my love of herbs and herbal healing to the next level. I went back to school and studied to become a medical herbalist. What was once a hobby turned into a passionate career. Besides seeing patients,  I started creating medicinal salves, which we sold locally, and here in the US. Last year, we took Cloverleaf Farm global, and we now ship to every corner of the globe.

petenaliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's excellent. Great story.

3. okno profile image71
    oknoposted 5 years ago

Well, she being submissive, her intense love and her teachable spirit has made me and our marriage a better one.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

He is teaching me patience. Normally, I can't stand waiting around or having disorganized people around. Yet each of his friend's have so many negative aspects that I wonder why he keeps them around. They take forever to do anything, they never think things through. So I'm learning to deal with disorganized individuals. It is making me a better person and preparing me.

petenaliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Patience is a hard lesson to learn but oftentimes a spouse helps us learn that better than anyone.

5. Treasuresofheaven profile image79
    Treasuresofheavenposted 5 years ago

It is wonderful to hear you praise and acknowledge your wife today.  As for me, my husband helps to make me a better person by allowing me to make some very tough decisions without him bailing me out.  Sometimes, I want him to make decisions for me, but he feels it best if I do.  In turn, I have to deal with the consequences.  I love him for this.

6. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I have learnt to be precise and on time and always keep my words. I have learnt that your actions speak louder than your words. As an artist I tend to live from time to time in my creative and imaginative world, my husband pulls the string when time is right and brings me back to the real world:)

7. ExpectGreatThings profile image83
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

My husband believes in me. He often encourages me to follow my dreams and challenges me to step out of my comfort zone. Because of him, I am a more confident person. It is so much easier to disregard the criticism of the world when I know he is supportive and loving.

working