jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What are the Advantages to Publishing your work "Later" in Life?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image82
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

What are the Advantages to Publishing your work "Later" in Life?

2. kenneth avery profile image83
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

JS, simply put, for me, building bridges and relationships who will remember me if I were to "head on out" of this life. So all in all, Im actually writing my own eulogy with each hub.
    Kenneth

3. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

Well, you have more life experience to draw upon for inspiration.

4. jwwj58 profile image58
    jwwj58posted 6 years ago

I'm not sure there are "advantages" to publishing later in life.......for me to step out at this stage of my life is daunting, but I have to try. If I didn't try, the regret would be suffocating.

5. ytsenoh profile image86
    ytsenohposted 6 years ago

I feel the major advantage to publishing later in life as well as writing later in life is life experience, writing experience, and increased awareness of the behavior of marketing.

6. Pennypines profile image61
    Pennypinesposted 6 years ago

I think as we progress through life we become less confrontational, more philosophic, and gain a greater understanding.  I like to feel I have brought this into my writings. 
    For instance I never gave much thought to my early teachers until I started putting memories to paper, then the realization came that they made a huge contribution to life, not just to myself but hundreds of children. 
    I wrote a silly little story about a schoolteacher who lived right here in my adopted town of Mariposa, sent it in to a contest, and guess what?  It is going to be broadcast over Public Radio.  I hope she smiles down from wherever she is now.

working