jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which spelling of a word should be used that we learnt in school or one that's c

1. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Which spelling of a word should be used that we learnt in school or one that's computer friendly?

Spellings of some words as taught in India are not regarded as correct by computer, as for example:
    colour, honour, favour, flavour, and many more have a different spelling on the computer. So, my question is which spelling should be followed.

2. miss_jkim profile image83
    miss_jkimposted 6 years ago

That is because the English you learned in India is the Queen's English and your computer is probably set up to use American English. Both spellings are actually correct; however, in a business world the American English is the acceptable spelling.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Just use the spelling you're comfortable using, reset the computer to read that, it's only a machine, it doesn't know what is right and wrong.  In the memory for office there is the option to choose many languages and modes of English, you're the boss of the thing  and if the computer doesn't like it tough on it, I have my grammar, spelling and theosaurus all set to UK English, not International, Irish, Australian, Jamaican English, etc.  If your using this for business, it is probably best to set for international, or chang the setting for the different countries with which you correspond.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I use both, you just have to make sure you are consistent and don't switch back and forth in the same article.

working