jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are your favorite genres of books and some authors you like in that genre?

1. sunbun143 profile image85
    sunbun143posted 5 years ago

What are your favorite genres of books and some authors you like in that genre?

I want to know who to start reading if I want to expand my reading list. Like who could change my mind about a genre and be a good representative of it. My favorites: sci-fi (science fiction) and fantasy; authors include: Orson Scott Card, Diana Galbadon, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, & J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter series).

2. ThomasBaker profile image59
    ThomasBakerposted 5 years ago

I like fictional best sellers that portray a hero who ends up on top of a bad situation.
    Some ,(not all), of my favorite authors who I follow religiously are:
    Vince Flynn
    Brett Battles
    Tom Clancy
    Robert Grisham
    David Baldacci
    Lee Child
    I download these books from Audible and transfer them to my iPod. The big problem is that I often fall asleep while listening. When I wake up I don't really know where I left off.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Romance. Definately. Karen Marie Moning, J.R. Ward, Patricia Briggs, and my favorite, Kresley Cole.

4. ishwaryaa22 profile image90
    ishwaryaa22posted 5 years ago

My favorite genres of books are romance and historical fiction. My favourite author in the romance genre is Danielle Steel and another favourite authors in the historical fiction included Indu Sunderesan and Jean Plaidy.

5. 17Bree profile image78
    17Breeposted 5 years ago

Definately Mystery, I love to get hooked and wonder what happens next.
    Lauren Kate is amazing, Norah McClintock and practically every mystery book ever suits my fancy.

6. JohnGreasyGamer profile image85
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 5 years ago

Most probably the authors who manage to make the element of blood and gore seem necessary. Two examples would be Clive Barker (who uses blood frequently as some sort of link to Hell, one of his favourite topics) and Stephen King, who sometimes mutilates his fictional characters.

Hey, when "Mister B. Gone" genuinely scared me with threats of a thousand slices across my entire body, I know I'm reading a good book. It was the best read, and no film can compete to its terror or convincing....ness.

7. isabelamadaun profile image61
    isabelamadaunposted 5 years ago

I love fantasy.  Some favorite authors are Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, Diana Wynne Jones, Robin Mckinley etc. etc. etc.

working