Are audiobooks a good outlet for an author?

1. Nights Dream profile image60
    Nights Dreamposted 5 years ago

Are audiobooks a good outlet for an author?

I am tossing around the idea of turning my book into an audiobook. I am researching the topic and undecided. I am not sure if it is worth the time right now. Does anyone think audiobooks are making their way into the mainstream like e-books are becoming the standard? As always, thanks for the help!

2. Sandy Frost profile image60
    Sandy Frostposted 5 years ago

Yes, surely. These are also good alternatives to e-books or paperback editions both. Listening to such books is just like same as we experience reading a news in newspaper as we listen the same news on a radio transister. One major change, when we listen to audiobooks, is expression of senses in a more prolific way. While listening, we directly connect to authors as they can also apply general human senses like enthusiasm, humour etc. in their speech and this connects listeners well to the author's content.

Though, likings of audiobooks may vary from person to person but these are easy to download and easy to use. Also, these books are much convenient when a person doesn't have a habit of continuous reading. He or she can pause the music player anytime and resume to listen the remaining audio later.

If you are going to create one, you can have a trial to get actual results. Place it for selling on few good websites on internet which sell audiobooks on much attractive prices. This will also clear out the scope and productivity of your work.

Hope this answer could help you. Many thanks.