jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some of your favorite horror stories?

1. Der Meister profile image73
    Der Meisterposted 5 years ago

What are some of your favorite horror stories?

2. bmcoll3278 profile image77
    bmcoll3278posted 5 years ago

This shows I'm old but my favorite the first children of the corn. I was a kid then and it scared the hell out of me. I was afraid of corn fields for years.

3. RavenclawKB profile image60
    RavenclawKBposted 5 years ago

As a kid I always loved the 90s show 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' and, though it's really more fantasy than horror, the show 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.'

I'm sure you've already read most of my favorites, if your profile picture is to be believed, but I think 'Tell-Tale Heart' is one of the best stories I have ever read. 'The Fall of the House of Usher' is another good one, as is 'The Cask of Amontillado.'

As far as movies go, Silence of the Lambs is brilliantly executed, though none of these may be the traditional horror that you might be looking for. Hope they help anyway!

4. MatthewLeo1701 profile image73
    MatthewLeo1701posted 5 years ago

Brahm Stokers Dracula, and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are the first to come to my mind. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is another classic that I remember reading and watching often.

However, one of my absolute favorite short stories was actually done my Piers Anthony in is "Anthonology" book of short stories. It was entitled "On the Uses of Torture". A man gets sent to an alien planet, and on their planet one who can endure various forms of torture on different levels, quickly garners repect. Those who allow the ultimate mutilations and live to endure, rise to become the most celebrated, rich and honored on the planet. Check it out!

5. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

John's Carptener's remake of The Thing. I haven't seen the newest remake yet so I can't compare them.

working