jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the last book you've read?

1. Emeraldgreen21 profile image71
    Emeraldgreen21posted 5 years ago

What is the last book you've read?

I've been reading up a storm and I'm currently busy with a book by Bill Bryson. The one before that was the well-known book "Who Stole My Cheese?"  The book literally took me about 30 minutes to read but the ideas expressed in it changed my view on life completely!  It's amazing how books can influence our perspectives on the world.  What was the last book you read and how did it influence you?

2. kannanwrites profile image93
    kannanwritesposted 5 years ago

The last book I read was The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Must say quite an emotional book and has words of wisdom from the author. Truly inspirational too.

Amazing book, highly recommended.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole. Wonderful book by a great author. Her books keep getting better and better. Lothaire was the best, and is the newest, by far.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I just finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. The whole Hunger Games trilogy was very well written. I thoroughly enjoy authors who don't pull punches. I want to be shocked and surprised by a book, while at the same time understanding why the author made the choices she did. I still find myself thinking back on the storyline with appreciation.

5. YUMMommy profile image60
    YUMMommyposted 5 years ago

The last book I read was Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews.  It's a great about the importance of friendship, learning to let love in after you've been hurt and having to courage to fight for yourself. It was my first time reading anything by Andrews and I was definitely happy I picked up.  I'm looking forward to checking out more of her books.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

Aside from God's Word, which I read everyday, I read "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris.  He gives us God's design for true romance and gives us practical advice for relationships.  It is a must read for singles!

7. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

A nonfiction and insightful book titled, Tolkien and C. S. Lewis: The Gift of Friendship authored by Colin Duriez (2003).

8. unknown spy profile image77
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

Danger.com -> last book i've read, loves to read books like that or stories about internets or something mystery stories...

9. MihaelaMaria profile image61
    MihaelaMariaposted 5 years ago

I am reading now "Wakefield" by Andrei Codrescu. But the very last book I.ve also finished, was a volume wrote by Hermann Hesse which enclosed two of his short stories: "Knulp " and " Demian"

working