jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What was the best novel you ever read? By whom

1. glmclendon profile image59
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

What was the best novel you ever read? By whom

2. rahul0324 profile image84
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

The Godfather  BY Mario Puzo..... this book governs the insights I have on family, loyalty, friendship and honor!

3. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 5 years ago

That's a difficult question to pin down as, frequently, my perception of the moment will dictate my memories response.  That said, John Steinbeck's 'In Dubious Battle' is always close to the top (of my messy mental list) and would probably be classified as my favorite.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, closly followed by 1984, and Animal Farm, George Orwell, and the Neuromancer series of books by William Gibson.
    These novels are all intercheangable favourites, at the moment I'm going for Brave New World, but it could be any of the others tomorrow.

5. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I really like Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer- its a true story about a young man who decides to abandon society and live in the Alaskan wilderness. The whole story is about the people he meets, who the author seeks out to interview, the reasons he decided to leave, and if it was right. Its really well written and sort of heartbreaking, but inspiring. The movie based on the book is fantastic too.

6. Reginald Boswell profile image80
    Reginald Boswellposted 5 years ago

The Autobiography of Malcolm X co written with Alex Haley

7. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

My favorite novel is "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett....

Other favorites are:   "Don't Stop the Carnival" by Herman Wouk, and "God's Other Son" by Don Imus.....

8. Jason Marovich profile image90
    Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago

James Clavell's Taipan.  If you like seamanship, adventure, Chinese history, and cutthroat business ventures, this is for you.  I loved everything about it, and loved his later novel, Shogun, as well.

9. MihaelaMaria profile image60
    MihaelaMariaposted 5 years ago

Russians are awesome writers, i loved The Karamazovs by Dostoievski. This was the rough one for my mind. The light ones were the novels of Haruki Murakami ( here I cannont decide which one I loved the most).

10. arafatboni profile image59
    arafatboniposted 5 years ago

Treasure island by R.S Stevenson was the best to me

11. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

i love novels from nicholas sparks..daniel steele and sidney sheldon...all of it..cant choose 1 smile

12. bloggering profile image70
    bloggeringposted 5 years ago

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett (I see I'm not alone Ackman!) and Shogun by James Clavell (loved Taipan too Jason :-))

13. kloydskii profile image61
    kloydskiiposted 5 years ago

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. That sums up the portrait of all human nature.

14. rmcleve profile image79
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Depending on my mood:

The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera,
    The Red Tent by Anita Diamant,
    or
    The Gospel According to Jesus Christ by Jose Saramago.

working