jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you decide what to write on which day?

1. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

How do you decide what to write on which day?

Do you write on a whim? From a schedule? Only when drunk?

Why do these words come out of your fingers when they do?

2. profile image54
    Hailey Monackoposted 5 years ago

Usually I let the plot and events and characters lines stir in my head until they are finally ready to pop out on the manuscript!

3. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I write when ideas come up...

Sometimes when talking with friends and offering my opinion, or giving advice, I think to myself "I should write about that!"

Sometimes, I watch the news and have my own thoughts on worldly events. If I feel strong enough about it I'll sit down and write about my thoughts and turn it into an article.

Sometimes when I have an interesting life experience, and learned something from it that I feel can help others, I'll write about it.

Sometimes I write a comment and suddenly realize I wrote so much that I decide to turn it into a Hub instead. So I back up and just post a short comment. Then I take the text I wrote and copy it into MS-Word to complete it as an article to publish as a Hub.

I find there are so many occasions that bring up ideas for articles. It doesn't depend on the day or the place. It happens anytime and anywhere. Under any circumstance.

We just have to remember to write about it. Sometimes I do overlook that I just had an experience that would be useful for a good article.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

something you can do for when you are feeling indecisive or just not in the mood to come up with something is have a stash of ideas on hand.  I have a box of note cards that have article ideas and such on them.  When I need an idea I reach in and pick one.  You can keyword research or whatever in advance and place the numbers on there as well or just have some other ideas/prompts that are just for fun.  The best lesson I ever learned was just write - free write if you can't think of anything as freewriting will often lead to deeper ideas you hadn't considered before.

5. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I try to review ideas, research the material and plan to write on it the following week.  I prioritize the lists so that I am keep on track.

6. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 5 years ago

I don't have a set schedule for when I publish specific topics or even when I try to publish at all.  It largely depends on what else I have going on with writing that day (i.e. client jobs).  I try to publish at least twice a week.  I'm constantly brainstorming and don't have trouble figuring out what topic to write about when I am ready to start writing.