jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a book that had a profound influence in changing the way you think?

1. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

Is there a book that had a profound influence in changing the way you think?

There are some books that leave a lasting legacy of mind. I remember reading books like 'The Tao of physics' , 'Games people play' , 'Brief history of time' that blew my mind in the way they opened up new worlds and new concepts to me. Equally books like ' To kill a mocking bird' , 'Grapes of wrath' 'Les Miserables' widened my horizons. What book (s) had such an influence on yours? It maybe fiction or non fiction.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6532937_f260.jpg

2. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 5 years ago

I think the Bible has done the most to change how I think and relate to God and people.

The book Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I don't care for Meyer most of the time, but this book helped me a lot about how to think, and change your thinking.

The Unquiet Mind by Kay Jamisen Redfield

3. Harper Gates profile image59
    Harper Gatesposted 5 years ago

The Alchemist was a book that changed my thinking a great deal!  I have re-read it a few times and enjoy it each time.  It helped me focus on what I'm learning on my journey and not on the destination.

4. Efficient Admin profile image94
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I read a book by Larry Burkett called Your Finances in Changing Times and it was jaw dropping and soul searching and the light bulb went off in my head and that's when I started my road to becoming credit card and debt free.  The credit card got chopped up with a scissors and I never looked back.  Fortunately I haven't needed to get a rental car because then it would be a real big problem that I don't use those anymore.

I have been to a few bible studies also and same thing, jaw dropping, soul searching and just a real awesome time for the soul.

5. Any Other Voice profile image61
    Any Other Voiceposted 5 years ago

Almost every Dan Brown novel I've ever read...

working