jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which book series do you think will be more famous: Harry Potter of The Hunger G

1. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

Which book series do you think will be more famous: Harry Potter of The Hunger Games?

2. cocopreme profile image95
    cocopremeposted 5 years ago

Although I like the Hunger Games more, I think Harry Potter will be more famous a decade or so from now. 

I think the Hunger Games speaks to people in this age, in this societal setting.  It will still be relevant like 1984 is still relevant.  But I don't think it will capture the imagination of all future audiences. 

Harry Potter is more of a timeless fantasy story like the Lord of the Rings.  Plus, Harry Potter has more appeal for all ages.  So kids in ten or twenty years will still find the story and the world fascinating.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I love the book Hunger Games, but overall I think that Harry Potter has wider appeal across a wider demographic.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

It is my opinion that books like the Hunger Games and Twilight are only as popular as they are because of Harry Potter. The Hunger Games is a good series and, hopefully, would have succeeded on its own, but Harry Potter is the series that created a generation of hungry readers. As they grow up, they're constantly looking for the next book that will sweep them away the way that Harry Potter did and the Hunger Games was one such book. It is also my opinion that this will continue to happen until adult novels are flying off the shelves. So, in other words, Harry Potter will leave a larger mark on the literary world. I don't think books like the Hunger Games will be forgotten, but it may be lumped into 'the harry potter generation'.