jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Is there a Hub you have you wanted to write for a long time, but you have not wr

1. pmorries profile image77
    pmorriesposted 6 years ago

Is there a Hub you have you wanted to write for a long time, but you have not written yet?

I have wanted to write a Hub on politics, but I do not want to alienate any of my readers. What keeps you from writing that Hub, you dare not write? Fear? Writer’s block? Fear that Hubpages will censor you?

2. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

I don't want to say what it is for fear hubpages will delete my answer. Hubpages and google don't like it so I can't do it. I actually already have it written and stored on my computer not sure what will ever come of it but I enjoyed writing it.

pmorriesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

At least you enjoyed writing it, and you got it out of your head before you lost your idea.

2. jaybird22 profile image68
      jaybird22posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages and google don't like what? Your idea? Something provocative? Just curious ;-)And how would you know if you haven't tried?

3. peeples profile image95
      peeplesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not provocative to most people but to google it is.

3. jaybird22 profile image68
    jaybird22posted 6 years ago

I've had a hub in mind for about a month now but still haven't written it.  I think about it everyday but just haven't taken the time to put the pen to the pad yet.  I think mostly this is because I'm not quite sure how I want to start it yet and it is going to be a long write.  I know once I get started I'll be writing so fast smoke will stem from my paper lol.

I am choosing not to share it with you all right now as I will be unveiling it publically very soon.

Starting and ending an article can be the hardest part. In addition, I wish that I could type fast enough to have smoke come off the keyboard.

4. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, there is.............

I have put pen to paper, and even edited it..........but, still, I just can not let it go.

It is a great and soul revealing story.........many readers could identify or appreciate the telling.

But the wound has not healed to the point, of being able, to withstand its telling, of the impact.

. I understand, writing the Hub You Are Not a Monster: Do Not Let Them Make You One was very hard for me to write. You should read Hubs by Peeples and Annaceleste (and their profiles), to name a few, who might inspire you (they are fellow survivors).

5. Spindle profile image59
    Spindleposted 6 years ago

I have 2 stories that I want to do something with.  Either write a hub or a full blown book.  Unsure which is best.  If I do a hub will that have a negative effect on the book? Then I worry that if I cannot get it published, the question is irrelevant and I should just stick with a hub!

John Dies at the End was at first a free online web serial. An estimated 70,000 people read it before it was taken of the Internet and published (with some additional material). It has also has been made into a movie, which will be coming out sometim

2. Spindle profile image59
      Spindleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Really? wow! Interesting information.  I will have to think about this one but you may have given me something else to think about! Thank you

working