jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you use an ebook reader?

1. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Do you use an ebook reader?

I've been thinking of getting a kindle lately, and was wondering what people's experiences with them have been?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I use the Kindle app on my iPad.  My daughter has the first generation Kindle and loves it.  My other daughter has an original Nook and really likes it - so I guess I am not much help!

3. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

I have two Kindles. A Kindle DX and a small Kindle Touch.

Being blind I love the text to speech feature on both theese systtems.

Now there are many books which are published that allow me to listen to books on my kindles and as I have Amazon Prime I can also borrow manty books for the price of the subscription.

I woulld say that thee Kindle family of readers is an excellent choice.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I got a kindle last Christmas and so far I haven't really used it much. I like being able to download public domain books for free, and I like trying samples, but so far I haven't purchased any new books on it. When I think of a book I want, I go first to the physical copy (by instinct). Then, when I realize that I should get the ebook version, rather than the physical copy, I just don't get the book at all. So, it seems that I'd rather not own the book, rather than own the e-book version. Part of that is because I just haven't found a good book to read on the kindle. Once I get a real page turner, then I think it will help break me into the device. But until then, it's just going to sit on the shelf while I read physical books.

5. AliceFSpencer profile image60
    AliceFSpencerposted 5 years ago

I got a nook color at the beginning of the year. I have two books loaded on it and I have not finished them but that's because of working and writing and family. I must say reading at night without the light is great. I loose my page a lot even with the book mark feature could be user error. I still love books, the smell the feel so it's a nice gadget but I’m not sold on it yet. Also it cut off last month and I thought it had died, but I guess it overheated and came back on a few days later. The other issues is Wi-Fi works and then at times it won’t I read a lot of complaints online so I think it’s a issue with the product.  smile good luck