jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

How to make good topics and contents?

1. dainy665dane profile image60
    dainy665daneposted 5 years ago

How to make good topics and contents?

There are a lot of great writers here. I need an advice for writing top-notch articles. How do you keep the stream of consciousness flowing? smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6637983_f260.jpg

2. lovesleftovers profile image70
    lovesleftoversposted 5 years ago

I usually write about topics that are important to me. I'm opinionated by nature, so when something irks me I write about it. Likewise, when I see or hear about a particular cause or organization I share it with others via articles and blog posts.

dainy665daneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also do the same thing ~ writing topics which means more to me. Its important to know that you are able to know the interests of readers as well. Thanks @lovesleftovers.

3. Cobrafan profile image79
    Cobrafanposted 5 years ago

Write about things that interest you and you are well educated about. There's nothing more boring that writing about something you don't like or don't know about and it will be clear your readers.

I agree to this. I usually write topics in which I think I have a better knowledge for better content.

2. nochance profile image93
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There is something to be said about doing research about a topic you are interested in. Don't stick wholly with what you know. Branch out. Then you get to learn something too.

3. dainy665dane profile image60

Hi @nochance, I agree, I will always remember that. It's more comprehensive when you are very acquainted with what you write plus you had a thorough research with the topic. Thank you! :-)

4. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

It's not about stream of consciousness. It's about writing articles about things that you, and others care about.

If you care about it, you will put more effort into researching and writing it.

If your reader cares about it they will put more effort into finding and sharing it.

Ask yourself "Who is going to read this? How can I make it easy for them to find it?" Think about what your reader is going to type into Google.

1. Cobrafan profile image79
      Cobrafanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more with that last bit. The more I write for Hubpages, the more I think "how would I search google for this" when I pick out my title.

2. dainy665dane profile image60

Hey, this is a very helpful tip~ Thank you very much for the advice. :-)

3. nochance profile image93
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Use Google Adwords. It tells you how many people are searching for certain phrases. You'd be surprised with some of the results.

4. dainy665dane profile image60

Speaking of Google Adwords, haven't tried checking on certain phrases. Might as well give it a try. :-)

working