jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (12 posts)

What do you write for? Fun, Money, Experience

1. sharmav profile image59
    sharmavposted 5 years ago

What do you write for? Fun, Money, Experience

2. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello sharmav,

All three. I love writing, I want to gain more experience and ultimately I would love to make some money with it. It is my dream to be able to work from home, hubbing, blogging and life coaching. Why do you write?

Your 'Team Leader'

3. DeanCash profile image61
    DeanCashposted 5 years ago

I write for everything under the sun. I do have lots of technical things in my minds but I only choose topics that I think people would like to read.

4. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I don't think I started out writing for all three - initially it was just for the experience. But being on Hub Pages has proved to be great fun and you can earn a little as well - so now I guess its for all three and I'm loving it!!

5. sarahmoose profile image78
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I mainly write for fun and experience. I have enjoyed writing most of my hubs, and the feedback I have received is usually very helpful in getting me to my next hub! In 2 years, I haven't yet written enough to earn money, but to be fair, this is more of a little hobby for me at the moment, as I have 2 jobs, a 4 yr old daughter and I'm completing 2 masters degrees.

6. joanwz profile image73
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I mainly write for fun, though the writing experience is always great, and  the opportunities to earn money are always welcomed.

7. anupma profile image78
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

Of course for all three. But my preference list is-
    - Experience
    - Fun
    and last but not least money.

8. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I write to learn and grow, and share what I learn with others.

I write to inspire everyone - including me - to be true to ourselves and to make the world a better place.

I also write for money.

I balance these goals, which sometimes harmonize easily, and sometimes do not

9. lburmaster profile image80
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Fun and entertainment. I can never finish a novel so it is always for my personal gain.

10. UniquelyMade profile image79
    UniquelyMadeposted 5 years ago

I love to write, but don't think I'm great enough to write for money...I seem to always doubt myself!  I do, however, enjoy writing for fun!  I love being a source of inspiration for someone who needs a pick-me-up!  Of course to gain more experience while doing it is even sweeter!!!

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Making money as a writer doesn't require greatness. Inspiring others, working steadily, and keeping growing and learning can get you there. Looking back, you may find you were great all along, and didn't know it!

11. k8th profile image37
    k8thposted 5 years ago

Write for passion. Write to improve myself. Write to give awareness to the others. Write to help you and me. Write to share what we know. It is simple as give and take.

working