jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What to you are the traits in a person that likes to be the "center of attention

1. tyliz19 profile image59
    tyliz19posted 5 years ago

What to you are the traits in a person that likes to be the "center of attention"?

2. readwriteteach profile image61
    readwriteteachposted 5 years ago

Sometimes this person is flirtatious, in-your-face obnoxious, talks loudly (to be heard by everyone), always late (to make an entrance), and arrogant just to name a few.  This type of person does these negative things because he or she will settle for negative attetion as long as it brings attention to him or her. The unfortunate thing is that usually a person like this has very low self-esteem, and needs to be the center of attention in order to feel better about him or her self..

3. sammieham0317 profile image61
    sammieham0317posted 5 years ago

To me, it's someone that has to copy you, to emulate everything you do. And sometimes, well it feels like a lot of times, they do it better, they succeed where you fail at what they are copying off of you. And the worst part, is when they push it all in your face like "Look at me! LOOOOKKKK AAATTT MMMEEEE!!!" And the worst part is when you are doing it for some small humble personal happiness, and they are doing it just for the attention that such things will bring.

4. michememe profile image78
    michememeposted 5 years ago

The trait that stands out is LOUD! They are usually the loudest person in the room. They are also in everyone's face and converstation. See...see...I'm here. Drives me nuts!

5. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

well, the ones I've noticed the most:
    1.  Gossips.  Their being the center-of-attention means talking about or running down other people behind their backs.
    2.  Those who are bossy and/or arrogant. 
    3.  The Constant Complainers--  in addition to constantly complaining, there's also the habit of making things seem/sound worse than they really are.