jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What emotion brings forth your best writing?

1. swb78 profile image60
    swb78posted 5 years ago

What emotion brings forth your best writing?

2. profile image0
    lovedoctor926posted 5 years ago

It's usually when I feel passionate about something that my creativity comes out. I have to visualize it, feel it and put it on paper.  I love to write while listening to jazz or symphony inspires me to write just about anything. Good question by the way.

3. donnah75 profile image97
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

This is a tough one.  I feel like I go through cycles of creativity where I just want to spend my whole day writing.  Then I will go through a period of down time.  Sometimes my creativity is channeled in other ways, like directing HS theater, at which time I don't have time to write.  I'm not sure emotion inspires my writing.  I seem to get this inner quiet and motivation, and then the ideas just start coming.  Great question.  What is your answer?

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I would say that, on a regular basis, peace is the best feeling to have. The less distractions there are, the better you'll be able to focus and channel the emotions of the characters. For example, if I really get into my writing, I'll start to feel my character's emotions take over me. If they're mad, I'll start getting angry for no reason. If they're sad, I'll become somber, etc. There is only one instance I can think of where the opposite was true. I was really frustrated with the whole query process of publication and I was having a bad day all around. I had about twenty minutes left to write and I was so mad that I hadn't produced anything good, that I somehow channeled that pure rage into one of the most concise query letters I've ever written. While that rage ended up being useful, I can't recreate it, nor would I really want to. That much anger isn't good for my blood pressure.

5. RyanBuda profile image91
    RyanBudaposted 5 years ago

Curiosity, Hands down. When I feel a deep need to know more about a particular topic I learn about it from many different sides and at many different angles. Then my creative gears begin turning as I form my own opinion.

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

For me, there's no single answer to that question...and much of my better writing comes from a place of no emotion at all, simply a determination to let the flow put itself out there.

7. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Appreciation of life, happiness and gratitude of being alive that comes over me while exploring another corner of our beautiful planet, lost in a desert or climbing a steep cliff, surfing a dangerous wave or kayaking down a wild river...everywhere I go I take my writing pad with me...