jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Do you speak better than you write or vice versa?

1. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

Do you speak better than you write or vice versa?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I write better I think.  Writing has always sort of been my voice, because I am shy around people I tend to get my tongue tied.  Writing gives me a way to overcome that barrier.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I write much better. In writing you can edit or think about it more. In actually saying something, you only have once.

4. rlaha profile image70
    rlahaposted 5 years ago

I think I write a little better than I speak. I sometimes do not use the correct usage of grammar when I speak because I'm just lazy. However, when I write, I try to make sure that I use proper English grammar so that my readers can understand what I am trying to say. That is a great question!

5. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

English is my second language.  But I think I write in English better than I speak.  I went to English immersion schools, so my written English is very good.  I also speak fluent English, but with an accent.  So, I'm not sure if people listening to me are smiling because what I'm saying is amusing, or they don't understand what I'm saying, and are just being polite.

6. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

Writing is definitely easier for me. For some reason I'm able to express myself better than when I'm speaking. When I speak I usually mess up every word I try and say because talking to people I don't know makes me nervous and even people that I do know, the same thing seems to happen. But when I write, it's completely opposite but I guess that's just because I have time to think about what point I'm trying to get across whereas in speaking you have to answer right away.

7. HLKeeley profile image84
    HLKeeleyposted 5 years ago

I write better than I talk. I have no filter when the words come out, but when I write, I proofread and I am more aware. I can see the words when I write. Plus, no one sees the words i write until I approve it. If i thought everytime before I spoke, it would take forever for me to say something.

8. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I speak better than I write........... !! See, if you were here in front of me I would tell you exactly why! smile

9. Anju Arya profile image61
    Anju Aryaposted 5 years ago

I write better in English than write but In Hindi I write and speak good because Hindi is my mu mother tongue.

10. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I write better because I have a chance to think about what I want to say. Sometimes when I verbalize I forget important aspects of what I'm trying to say. I actually think I put more emotion in my writing than in my spoken word when there's a lot to say.

11. drsohel profile image77
    drsohelposted 5 years ago

I think, I write better. Like ChristinS, I am also shy around people, specially unknown people....That's why I prefer writing, and probably for this, my writing is better than my speaking.

12. alphonse george profile image60
    alphonse georgeposted 5 years ago

I write better.While speaking i do not get much ideas but while writing i am a different man.I think most of us write better than they speak.

13. weekend profile image61
    weekendposted 5 years ago

I speak like Shakespeare and write like Dickens.