jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

What book should have never been made into a movie and what book should be?

1. milleramanda53 profile image79
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

What book should have never been made into a movie and what book should be?

2. donnah75 profile image97
    donnah75posted 5 years ago

Eat, Pray, Love.  Although, I didn't see the film, I can't imagine that it would be better than the book, which I didn't like at all!  I know, it was popular, but I just can't figure out why.  Not my cup of tea.

There are so many books that would make fine movies.  Too many to think of.  Maybe I will put this on my list of "hubs to write." Good question.

milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a great idea would loved to read it when you finish it.

3. midnite1869 profile image60
    midnite1869posted 5 years ago

This is a hard question depending on the type of stories/movies you like. For me I look into the Stephen King world where you could argue if it was good or not. First would be Maximum Overdrive. It was a bad translation to screen. Second would be Running Man where they rewrote the book to make a movie. None of it was like the book. As for what I would like to see is Terry Pratchett's Disk World (The Night Watch series). If they can translate his witty sense of humor and sarcastic nature over they would be a hit. They have done a couple of his book's being hits and misses. The Night Watch series would be the best.

I love the Stephen King movies but I agree they are never as good as the books.

4. iamageniuster profile image74
    iamageniusterposted 5 years ago

The Bible should have been made into a movie. Would be interesting to see the entire thing play out.

While I can't say we will ever have the whole Bible movie in our near future. My hometown has actually put into production 2 plays from the Bible and is wide spread through the nation. "The Story of Jesus" by Mike Grahman in Hardee County Florida.

2. midnite1869 profile image60
      midnite1869posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think that would be a mini-series on TV just to give it the time it deserves. There is a movie  The Bible ... In the Beginning made in 1966. I can't remember how far it goes, but I do know it's one of the few to cover Adam and Eve.

5. Lwelch profile image95
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

I would like to see Ender's Game as a movie.  I regret seeing Twilight so let's wipe those from existence.  Fun book... cheesy special effects with no story for the movie!

1. midnite1869 profile image60
      midnite1869posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well your in luck they are planning if it isn't already in the works to make Ender's Game. I have to agree with you I think (if done right) it will make a great movie. Not too sure about the other books but Ender's Game for sure.

6. Lin02 profile image54
    Lin02posted 5 years ago

A book on Banda Singh Bahadur. You can get everything from this great warrior's life.

7. CR Rookwood profile image82
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

"The Help" didn't translate well as a movie. It was kind of painful to watch.

I think "The Liar's Club" would make a good movie. It's one of my favorite books and I think if it was done well it would be great.

working