jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?

1. Recently Awakened profile image59
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?

2. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I have always remembered Robert Kennedy's quote

"Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask.why not?"

The quote was actually from George Bernard Shaw but most people would attribute it to Robert Kennedy.

3. unknown spy profile image77
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

I have so many uplifting and positive quotes that I always remember but when I get to see questions like this, only one quote enters my mind: Live fast, die young and have a beautiful corpse. smile

4. Lin02 profile image54
    Lin02posted 5 years ago

I always remember this quote I don't know who said it but I like it a lot. It always keeps me grounded. "Money can't buy you happiness"

5. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Degas was having dinner at a friend's house.  The friend was showing off his phone and a pre-arranged call came through.  Degas said

'It rang, you ran.'

6. Martyn Wright profile image85
    Martyn Wrightposted 5 years ago

I certainly do have a favourite quote, and it definitely applies to me!
    " You're born, life's a bitch, you die!" 
    I don't intend to offend anyone with it's coarseness!

1. IDONO profile image84
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm not offended at all, but someone with that attitude should just skip the middle part of that quote.

7. unvrso profile image90
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

Live the present and remember the past, but don't let the past live in your present.

I applied this quote in a job that I had once.

8. IDONO profile image84
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Charlton Heston said, " Political correctness is nothing more than a violation of your right to free speech." Makes sense when you think about it. My comment is about the quote, not the person making it.

9. miss1magination profile image66
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

I have a cork board with this quote on it "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"~Wayne Gretzky.  This is so true, always inspires me to take chances and never give up!

working