jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever seriously considered writing an autobiography?

1. CWanamaker profile image99
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

Have you ever seriously considered writing an autobiography?

Why or Why not?

2. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I would love to write an autobiography just to be able to leave something for my children to have of me in the future.

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Yes. I have been debating it for over 8 years now. I think the issues I have over come in my life could be helpful for teens who went through similar issues.

4. CriticalMessage profile image78
    CriticalMessageposted 5 years ago

Considered it so much that I started it almost 1 year ago... So much editing... grrrr....

5. profile image0
    KDuBarry03posted 5 years ago

I really don't know any one that hasn't considered writing an autobiography! I have been planning to write one; however, I do have college I still need to finish. Afterwards, more than likely, I will be writing one. Who doesn't want to share their experiences with the world? To me, writing an autobiography shows that you fully accept w2hat has happened int he past and are comfortable enough to share those experiences with the world.

6. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I’m doing the research for it every day. I keep track of major life events, I date everything I write for future reference. But at 22, I don’t think I’ve accomplished enough to actually start writing it. I’ve still got several books to write, not to mention the making of a movie or two. Marriage and kids, buying a house.

When I’m famous, then I’ll write it. Till then, I’ll just keep doing research.

1. CWanamaker profile image99
      CWanamakerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like your approach!

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I prefer the memoir to the autobiography. The difference is that the memoir focuses on only one apsect of your life: your family, your career, your childhood, your life in relation to your culture, etc. Autobiographies cover everything about your life from beginning to end. They are longer. Memoirs are generally more interesting than autobiographies.

8. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 5 years ago

A couple of people have encouraged me to do so. Actually, I was approached once by someone that wanted to help me do it. I was not ready. Maybe, I am waiting for something good to happen, in order to end it in a happy note.

9. Maddambutterfly profile image82
    Maddambutterflyposted 5 years ago

My grandmother made me promise her to write mine. When she passed away two years ago I started writing it. I am editing it at the moment and hope to self publish in the next two months. I have lead a very exciting life full of twists and turns so we will see how it goes smile

10. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yes, and I know what I would do. But it's a big job, and a lot of other writing has higher priority for now. Maybe after I'm famous, and people wonder how I did it . . .

11. Jenna Kunc profile image59
    Jenna Kuncposted 5 years ago

Maybe when I'm older and have more life behind me I'll consider it. As of now, not much has happened to me!

12. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I have tried and failed several times. At the end of the day, my life bores me to write about. But it works out, since the fact that I find my life boring inspires me to make it not boring, in hopes that one day I might be able to write about it. Thus I go to festivals, I've moved to foreign countries and back, and I try to take opportunities of funness as they come.

working