jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Help writing a book on my life

1. profile image56
    wburnsposted 3 years ago

Help writing a book on my life

2. JayeWisdom profile image92
    JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago

I have more questions that answers. Are you looking for a professional ghostwriter or something more on the lines of software or books that tell you how to write your memoirs?Amazon.com sells several books about how to write your life story, available in paperback or Kindle format. There are many types of software designed to help writers, and I think there is at least one that provides templates and guidance for writing an autobiography (though I can't recall the name of it).

There is lots of other  'how to' information on the Internet, including numerous articles that tell you how to go about writing your life story and even suggest various approaches to take. That's because you would write in a different manner for publication than you would to record your life story as a memory book for family.

All you need do is type "how to write my life story" in a search engine and see what you get. 

By the way, I have worked as a ghostwriter for a client's memoirs before, but because it is much more work than writing my own material or even editing for other writers, my ghostwriting skills do not come cheap.

Good luck!

3. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

"Let's start at the very beginning; a very good place to start"

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 3 years ago

Do you want to write an Autobiography or a Memoir? An autobiography is chronological with detailed facts. A memoir usually follows themes from your life and tells your life story through anecdotes that represent that theme.

If you're not sure which you want then you should try reading the memoirs and autobiographies of others and see what style fits what you are looking for.

Or you can start by just writing scenes of importance from your life and you can figure out how to organize them later.

working