jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite quote?

1. xmetow profile image86
    xmetowposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite quote?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7005676_f260.jpg

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

This is tough for me as I have several that are pretty high on my favorites list. My top 3 are
    "It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."
    ...Rose Kennedy
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, we are a sorry lot indeed." Albert Einstein
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish."
    Quote from Unknown

4. Sarah Christina profile image83
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

It's hard to choose just one, but I suppose it would have to be the quote I've had as my email signature for quite some time:

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go on to the grave with the song still in them."

-Henry David Thoreau

5. justgrace1776 profile image73
    justgrace1776posted 5 years ago

So, I have more than one...

There is nothing to writing. All you have to do is sit down and bleed. - Hemingway

News is something someone wants suppressed. Everything else is just advertising.
    Lord Northcliff

Paris is always a good idea - Audrey Hepburn

6. CBartelmey profile image77
    CBartelmeyposted 5 years ago

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. visionandfocus profile image70
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

“If one advances confidently in the direction of one's dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” --Henry David Thoreau

"Success is made of sterner stuff than mere potential."  --Anon

working