jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you design a book cover?

1. starstream profile image77
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

How do you design a book cover?

2. anuws profile image59
    anuwsposted 5 years ago

You can use the softwares like Corel Draw, Adobe Indesign, Page Maker Illustrator or Photoshop to design a book cover.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I just recently wrote a hub about this (I'll post the link below), but my best advice to you is to research book covers at a bookstore. Just look at a variety and get an idea for the size of text, color palette, and placement. This is especially important for whatever genre your book is, because you want fans of that genre to be able to find it at a glance. Also, make sure that you get the proper dimensions of the cover from your ebook publisher. The last thing you want is for it to get stretched or distorted. And, the best advice I can offer overall is to keep it simple. Too many flashy effects can just make it look busy and muddled. The title and your name should be easily legible. Hope that helps!
    http://mtdremer.hubpages.com/hub/How-to … Book-Cover

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your answer to this important question which is on the mind of many new authors today.

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7071902_f260.jpg

Since our brain holds on to information by association; that is associating it to what is already up in your grey matter. I would be inclined to pick a prime association wih the title of your book. An example of this, would be if you "heard" or saw the word "thunderbird." The prime associations are (1) a car (2) native american sacred symbol, like you see within totem poles. (3) Air Force squadron... By picking a prime association you will indeed be placing a connection in the mind of your readers...

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting suggestion.  This is a good idea to consider.

working