jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Has anyone ever used Social Monkee to submit articles?

1. steveso profile image79
    stevesoposted 5 years ago

Has anyone ever used Social Monkee to submit articles?

I have heard a lot of good reviews about building backlinks with Social Monkee. When I have visited the site I see that the titles and descriptions need to be spun, something I am unfamiliar with. Does anyone utilize this site and how do you spin your submissions?

2. profile image0
    auroraalberbaposted 5 years ago

The best way to view Social Monkee and other similar programs ( like IMAutomator ) is that they should only be one part if your entire backlinking strategy.
    With Firefox Plugin you can submit URLs directly from Firefox, without even having to log into the members area. The plugin will pre-populate the fields for you, making the whole process even faster.

It is recommended that you spin the title and description of your submissions, so the backlinks you create don’t all look the same. You can either spin them manually, which shouldn’t take you more than 2-3 minutes, or you can spin them using The Best Spinner, which is an article spinner that we integrated in SocialMonkee. All you need to do is to add your The Best Spinner details to your SocialMonkee profile. Then on the Submit page you will be able to push a single button that asks the system to automatically spin your description for you, so the whole submission process takes you less than a minute!

stevesoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have the free edition of Social Monkee, but I understand  The Best Spinner is rather costly. Since I do not make a lot of money, I want to be able to use a free spinner, if possible.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years ago

I used it once, but it seems to be something that probably isn't a good idea. 

Google does not like black hat marketing, and submitting your links to that many sites, and having to spin the words so they don't all sound the same really seems like trying to get artificially generated backlinks. All the links would come in one day, and then there wouldn't be as many links any other day.  I don't know much about SEO or Google, but I would think the search engines would be able to figure it out.  It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

4. remaniki profile image79
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

Hi steveso,

I used to once use this system when it was free. Once I even paid a $3 something (it was a special offer) to get 100 backlinks but it never worked. In spite of contacting them several times, I never got to use it.

After reading about socialmonkee on a few hubs, I went back to sign up once again for a free backlinking service but it is a paid service now (it is $7 now for 25 backlinks everyday). Things have changed. I don't understand when you say you are using a free edition.

It is a good service, but after my bad experience I didn't want to continue there but now that it is not free anymore, I have decided to forget about it. I don't think it is worth paying for. Would like to see what others have to say about this.

Cheers, Rema.

stevesoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Rema. I signed up for Social Monkee quite a while ago when it was free, but never used it. They have moved all of the previous free accounts to the Silver Membership. Thye no longer offer free accounts. I am just wondering if it is worth using

2. remaniki profile image79
      remanikiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Like Millionaire Tips says I too feel that it may not be natural backlinking this way. I used to wonder if what I was doing was right in the eyes of Google during the short time that I used the service.
      Cheers, Rema.

5. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

I have used Social Monkee (the free version) to submit articles for backlinks, but I've stopped using it. At one point my Google views dropped to double digits, and I wondered if it was from using these kinds of sites. Maybe it was,maybe not, but I decided not to take a chance.

6. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

No never used the site to submit any articles, but I have heard of it. I have used a few others, including textbroker and the Yahoo contributor network.

Jl

7. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I used it before but not anymore since I realized that it wasn't necessary to submit my articles in that method and I wasn't getting traffic anyway.

As a matter of fact, I had linked to it on my profile and was told by HP that linking to Social Monkee was prohibited and that was the deciding factor for me.

I also agre with MT on this.

8. SylviaSky profile image94
    SylviaSkyposted 5 years ago

Yes, and it is extremely complicated, takes a lot of time, and does not work.

9. molometer profile image84
    molometerposted 5 years ago

I have to agree with MT. It is not a good idea to try to game Google. They are aware of these practices and it could damage your whole credibility, if it seems that you have to resort to these methods to get page views.
    Just write your hubs with a good title and a couple of keywords and let Google sort it out. Google's  search algorithm is pretty good if you give it the right information.

working