jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who played an important figure in your writing ambition?

1. LailaK profile image75
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

Who played an important figure in your writing ambition?

2. Mary Mahorney profile image72
    Mary Mahorneyposted 5 years ago

Mrs Reasoner My 4th grade teacher. She had us write a poem. It was the first poem I had ever written, called rocks on the small bay. She loved it and encouraged me to write more. I haven't stopped writing since that day. I fell in love with poetry and stories and now it has led to blogs. Thank you mrs reasoner!!

3. sashenikainderby profile image60
    sashenikainderbyposted 5 years ago

I do not have the writing ambition, I have the necessity of learning English. Writing seems the best way of increasing my vocabulary and learning different ways of expressing myself in second language.

4. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

As I've said before somewhere, in the first couple of years at secondary modern school we had an English Teacher we knew as Mr Boar. He read out exerpts of 'Beowulf' in class. In a roundabout way the memory of that started me off on this mediaeval business.

5. hopped profile image85
    hoppedposted 5 years ago

My elementary school had a program called the Publish Center.  Each year, every student in the school, from kindergarten up to sixth grade, "published" a book.  We wrote out our stories and volunteer parents typed them for us.  We bound the books with cardstock covered with colorful wallpaper and plastic binding rings, animated the books, and shared them with our classes.  At the end of the year, our teachers and principal nominated several books to a group called the Brainstormers, who came and picked five or six stories each year to act out for the entire school.  My story was selected when I was in third grade, and ever since then I've been inspired to write.  It was a fantastic, creative program and I hope it is still active at my old school.