jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you recommend going through the publishing process?

1. kyork profile image61
    kyorkposted 5 years ago

How do you recommend going through the publishing process?

I want to publish some of my work. It ranges from small things like poetry to entire novels and I wanted to know if anyone here in the HubPages community could recommend an agent or give me any tips on how to get published.

2. MAFLongfellow profile image60
    MAFLongfellowposted 5 years ago

KEN COWEL ON FACEBOOK   TELL HIM MARILYN SENT YOU :GOOD LUCK

3. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 5 years ago

You can always try self-publication.  This is how some people get discovered by big publishing companies.  Here is a great hub on how to do it: http://glennstok.hubpages.com/hub/how-t … -book-free

4. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

The best recommendation I can give you is to find a copy of the 2012 guide to literary agents. It's kind of expensive, but they do have it at libraries. It's a great resource if you're unfamiliar with the publishing process. But, any short work that you have, start submitting it now. Find magazines that publish your genre and send off what ever fits. For the longer pieces, start brushing up on query letters and a synopsis. The guide will help you with the basics of writing these and it will also provide a list of agents at the end for each genre.

5. busyguru profile image60
    busyguruposted 5 years ago

Publish your work as an ebook first and prove that it sells. These days Lit. agents don't accept work from "newbies" and traditional publishers are too difficult to break into.  If you prove that your ebook sells, then it is easier to convince a large publisher to publish and mass distribute your work. Many authors self-publish their poetry and sell it at Amazon. You can use Amazon's free service called CreateSpace.

working