jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Are you a book reader?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

Are you a book reader?

2. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 5 years ago

The short answer is yes. I think there will be a lot of short answers. Right now book readers are dividing into those who read cover to cover with paper pages in between and those who read their novels, etc on tablets and other electronic devices. I am still a reader who reads cover to cover with paper pages in between.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Heavens, yes. Books, the ones you can hold and smell, are wonderful and a giant piece in my life.

4. Cardia profile image93
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

Definitely! ever since I was small, I loved books. I basically read books from any genre (except horror, that is.) Unfortunately I don't have as much free time to read as I used to, but I still enjoy a good book whenever I can.

5. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Yes, if you mean real books.  I don't have, and never have had, the desire to own or read ebooks.

6. Mrs Jil Manning profile image81
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

Yes!  I love the reassuring feel of a book in my bag for those odd moments in the day when you can escape into another world and forget your troubles!  In the doctors waiting room, waiting for the kids whilst you're parked in the car, or in the coffee shop.  I love the sight of it waiting for me by my bed, ready to transport me into another world.  Yes, I'm a book reader!

7. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 5 years ago

Oh yes, I love the feel and smell of a book. Holding a book helps me to feel the story and really get into it. I just don't get the same feeling from an ereader although I have heard they are convenient when traveling.

8. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Yes.  I am an avid reader, probably read anywhere from 2-5 books in an average week.

9. jponiato profile image80
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

Yes - my whole family loves to read books.  For a while, I was like some others, and eschewed the modern convenience of ebook readers in favor of the physical, bound pages kind.  I've moved past that though and will read books in whatever format they happen to be.  Traveling, yes, I have perhaps a dozen unread books on my tablet now (it's capable of holding 100 times that),  but I usually have one or two physical books at home that I'm reading as well.

10. justgrace1776 profile image74
    justgrace1776posted 5 years ago

Totally! I'm mostly reading Hemingway these days, and had to take a peek at the Hunger Games, which was fascinating because the author pulled the reader in on the third sentence I think! But Hemingway is it for me, and I have a collection of his short stories I take fishing with me. That way, I can say, "I went fishing today. With Hemingway."

11. Denise Handlon profile image92
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

As opposed to a 'kindle' or ereader?  Yes, I prefer it although the load gets heavy in my book bag at times, haha.