This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

How do you think you would you feel if you found out you were spliced from human

1. viveresperando profile image75
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

How do you think you would you feel if you found out you were spliced from human and animal dna?

Fictional question, don't what people freaking out on me, lol. 
    What do you think you feel if at the age of 40 you found evidence that your were a by-product of a military experiment?

2. Meg Davis profile image74
    Meg Davisposted 5 years ago

I suppose it would depend on the animal.  It wouldn't be so bad to be part hawk or tiger or something like that, but I sure wouldn't want to be part skunk or naked mole rat.  That would suck.

viveresperandoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I understand that as long it was an "acceptable" animal you feel it would be okay? lol skunk or naked mole rat? I wonder if there would be any military advantages in which they could bring to the table?  lol fictionally speaking of course.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 5 years ago

I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as I lead a functional life. Most of our DNA is shared with other animals anyway. Having served in the military, I just hope they didn't mess up too bad: military doctors are not usually the cream of the proverbial crop.

You got me cracking up. (FYI - my bro a mil doc.) But no worries grew up mil so I know where you are coming from.  giggles re: leading a functional life, what if you thought you were leading a functional life and others didn't how would u feel?

2. Mind Warp profile image61
      Mind Warpposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"What if you thought you were leading a functional life and others didn't? " Maybe this is where the degree of humanity comes in?  (btw, love your question!  I'm an anthropologist.)

4. TS Garp profile image67
    TS Garpposted 5 years ago

Kind of a loaded question, but I guess it depends on how much animal DNA. If the person in question appears normal-looking and functioning like a regular human being, only with certain modifications done that benefit him/her such as speed, smell, hearing, than maybe its ok,and should not matter, however, if the character is treaty as if a lower-class citizen, looks outwardly different to most people or military-owned, a human experiment, and has no real human rights under the law, than this person could suffer as a slave or used as humanoid weapon with animal-like prowess.

They would definitely be treated as an experiment their whole life.  Even though they did not know.  Do you still feel that there would be some acceptable parameters in this being done?

5. cryptid profile image97
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

It would explain a lot.   I would feel relieved, and immediately fire off emails and letters to family members, past girlfriends, old college professors and former employers explaining the situation with the hope that any and all past actions would be cleared by virtue of the new evidence of my physical makeup. 

Secondly, I would buy a dozen t-shirts proclaiming myself a military experiment and wear them at all times, thereby giving myself free reign to act however I see fit in public.  When people see me sleeping on the floor at the mall or bathing in a public fountain they'll just say, "Bless his heart, he's one of those military experiments" instead of calling the cops like they usually do.

1. Mind Warp profile image61
      Mind Warpposted 5 years agoin reply to this

HAhahahahaha~~ good one!

6. Mind Warp profile image61
    Mind Warpposted 5 years ago

Love the question!  :-)  I don't think I'd be too upset.  Who knows, maybe my sense of smell would be as keen a wolf.  Or,  perhaps I could see like an eagle or hawk -- and fly, too! Maybe I could breathe like a whale, or be a 'snowbird' fish, and get to go south for winter, and north for summer, like salmon! 

But what if it changed the core of what a human is?  But , what IS that?  We can plan, talk, love, hate --- hmm ... wild animals exhibit that, too, though their 'speech' is not like our's .  Yet  who are we to say that their means of communication does not 'say' far more than our gargly sounds? It could be far more more descriptive, taking in those things like extreme visions, smells, vibrations even!  They already share, exhibit affection and concern; they fight and use tools, too. 

We humans are animals, after all.  Did you learn the mnemonic in school: Kings Play Chess On Fine Green Sand?  K P C O F G S.  Our classical taxonomy is - K for Kingdom Animalia,;P for Phylum Chordata (we have a spinal cord, basically); C for Class Mammalia; O for Order: Primates (yes, like gorillas, chimps too); F for Family: Homindae; G is for Genus: Homo ; and S for Species: Sapiens. 

Actually, WE are Homo Sapiens sapiens, a sub-species of Sapiens.  The other is Homo Sapiens idaltu ("elder"), the first known contemporary human.  They're about 160,000 years older. This great discovery was in Ethiopia in 1997, and rocked the anthro world!  It took the man who discovered the remains,

But we're already both ANIMAL and HUMAN so I couldn't be too upset!   :-)  We're still Biota of Earth, in the Domain Eukarya.

7. profile image0
    KixKatposted 5 years ago

It would explain so much. I get told on a regular basis I act very cat-like - I like to curl up on soft warm things (like other people's laps), I love naps, I tend to eat a lot and then not eat for a while. I tend to enjoy climbing things and being by myself. Hence, if I turned out to be some splicing of a leopard and human, it would make total sense.
    Plus, leopard? I would be ecstatic. Especially if said splicing eventually led to 'shapeshifters'. If there was a treatment to be able to have a secondary form, I'd be the first person to go for it.

However, it'd be something that I feel people should have the right to choose whether they want it or not. Finding out suddenly that you aren't who you thought you are, and it wasn't anything by your decisions, or that you had a choice? That probably would be terrifying to most people, and would probably end up in some high-class lawsuits, as everyone likes to sue everyone else in this place in time. Personally, I do not think it is legally or scientifically justified to use humans like that - I do not like science being played with to make a single person/organization 'God'.

8. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'd hope I was part cat! Maybe I am related to my best companion:)

Closed to reply

working