jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

If you could choose your own destiny in just one aspect of your life, what it be

1. hagsvilleUSA profile image62
    hagsvilleUSAposted 5 years ago

If you could choose your own destiny in just one aspect of your life, what it be, and why?

Family, work, money, etc.

2. David R Bradley profile image83
    David R Bradleyposted 5 years ago

Why limit it to just one man?  I choose abundance in ALL areas of my life.  Anything less would be a waste of the gifts God gave me!

3. DFguitarguru profile image61
    DFguitarguruposted 5 years ago

I would destine to always stay close to my family, no matter the circumstances. Their love and support gives me strength, so I destine to always see them no matter what. Check out my blog about how my family gives me strength. http://dfguitarguru.hubpages.com/hub/Fa … to-Success
    Please Follow me!

4. aisha91 profile image59
    aisha91posted 5 years ago

hi hagsville:

I do not know how to express this, but I'll try smile
    For me, the only destiny we cannot choose or make is the natural phenomenon that we do not have the power to prevent or stop from happening, example, earthquake or choosing the kind of family we have from birth; other things like work, level of study, money, friends, happiness, sadness etc. those are things that we can choose, make and change, we do have the power to draw our own destiny, that's why if there is something that turn out so badly, we do not have the right to blame others but ourselves. Within regard to your question, pondering now,  I really could not complain about my life, I did mistakes but because of it I learn, sometimes there are things that I am lacking but because of it I know what patience really is, and the the utmost importance of hard work as well as perseverance. Those things that happened to me I take as an inspiration, win or lose, it does not matter, what matter is how I am going to make better choices on my present for my future. I do not wish to change it or anything. Well, I do not know for others, we have different experiences, we may vary in opinions and the way we perceive things. ^_^

5. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Destiny...every time I hear this word I remember that great scene in Back to the Future...When Lorraine was approached by George in the cafeteria and she says "Do I know you?" and he says "I am George. I am your density.."..then he corrected it to "destiny"....

Destiny is a very charged word...
    In the true meaning of the word, we have chosen it long before being "born"....

Every breath is a road...every moment a moment of choice..we either re create our own destinies..or step out of it...

1. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very Interesting reply!

6. jacobkuttyta profile image76
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

I chose my eternity.  We live in this earth for a few years.  Then we have to go to another world where we live eternally.  It could be eternal punishment or eternal happiness.  Or you can put it like heaven or hell.  I want to chose Heaven more than anything in this life. We have to leave all our fame, money, work, family, friends, status in the society, house etc. which we amass in this world.  We have to leave all these things behind us.  No one take a thing from here.  We are dust and return to dust.  But Jesus loved us and forgive our sings.  The things which are eternal are the good works we does in this world.   Giving the needy, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and those who are in jail are same examples of good thing that live for ever.

Another thing we can have in eternity, the souls we win for Christ.  So, if your are reading this answer and not saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, I would suggest you to please make every efforts to know more about the saving grace of Jesus and become saved.  And do good.   Chose your destiny now.  It is now or never situation. What do you want to chose?

May God bless you

7. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

It's a shame we have to limit our answer, since life itself can be quite limiting anyway. But I would choose family. I'm a mother of three and I cannot bear to think that my daughter who is turning 24 will continue to be unemployed (has been for 2 yrs) or my son (almost 26), who will be completing his military service in June, will not be able to find work. So I would choose a destiny where my children are doing what they have studied and are happy.

8. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I would love to figure out how to stop war.

I feel like so much intelligence, genius and true gifts are wasted by arguing. 

I would love to see what the people of this planet can do when we really concentrate on what is important.

9. trusouldj profile image80
    trusouldjposted 5 years ago

I'd quit my job, write books by day and spin music at my cafe by night.