jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it beneficial to write about a variety of topics or is it better to stick to

1. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Is it beneficial to write about a variety of topics or is it better to stick to one category?

2. Maria Cecilia profile image74
    Maria Ceciliaposted 5 years ago

it's better to have more than one categories or depending on things the interest you, things that you can do.  Hubpages can help you develop your hidden writing flexibilities.

3. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I think it's better to write on a variety of topics rather than one. Not to say you should not have your niche topics but you can have more than one niches. This gives your subdomain a certain diversity and increased income potential that one topic does not. Google also likes websites with variety.

Personally, I find writing on one topic all the time to be boring that's why I diversify....lol

4. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 5 years ago

I think it's better to write on a variety of topics too. It shows how wide your knowledge can expand. Also after you've written everything there is on one topic, there's nothing else left to write about it.

5. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

It helps if you make your name in one aspect of writing - i.e., crime, medicine, whodunnit, historical fiction, but there's no reason why you can't diversify. My own Hub-pages cover history, sagas, railway modelling and English Language. My books are historical fiction vased on real events.

working