How do I get my HubNovel to the appropriate target audience?

1. RighterOne profile image62
    RighterOneposted 5 years ago

How do I get my HubNovel to the appropriate target audience?

How can I find/search for Hubbers (or others - simply online, for instance) with a specific set of interests that will increase the chances that they will enjoy my book? Then - how do I get them to check it out?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7268471_f260.jpg

2. cam8510 profile image94
    cam8510posted 5 years ago

Hi RighterOne,  I just Hub published my first fiction.  I can only tell you what I did.  I am still getting search engine traffic and it is well represented in featured hubs.  In my writing, whenever a key character drove a car, I used the full name of the car.  e.g.  2012 Rolls Royce Phantom.  I did the same for a helicopter, military vehicles and military weapons.  That way, those who search for those things might get a look at my story in Google.  From what I've been told, fiction is considered to be difficult when it comes to keywords.  I also used historical references such as Adolf Hitler, Nazi, The Third Reich, The Fourth Reich.  A main emphasis in my story was mass hypnosis, so anything to do with hypnosis went into my story and keywords.  Finding keywords in fiction, for me, was like mining.  I had to pour over my text and find possibilities.   Good Luck, and I will try to find your hub novel and read it.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

The HP is a bit quirky in terms of really long pieces or mult-installment work.  The reading audience is more geared to the short article venue it seems.  I equate it in some ways to "Twitter" as I have tried promoting some of my articles there only to find out that the reading scope of most who use Twitter is something less than 140 characters.  If you have a multi-chaper novel, you might consider doing a self-publishing of it on Smashwords.com   The format there is a bit tricky so I suggest that you review the Guide prior to attempting anything.  Basically you are submitting a Word document in normal paragraph format in the 1997-2003 Word version.  If you want to gain premium status, you must upload a book cover with the title and auther inscribed.  Premium books get in the catalogue for circulation to all the big ebook houses...Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc.  That may or may not get you an audience but the exposure will probably be higher.  Her on the hub, you will pull a few readers along with you but not as many as you would like.  That has been my experience.  Good luck!  ~WB

working