jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think some jokes go too far or do you think people need to just "lighten

1. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

Do you think some jokes go too far or do you think people need to just "lighten up"?

Some people can joke about anything and not be offended, while others are serious about everything.

2. Winterfate profile image97
    Winterfateposted 5 years ago

There are probably some jokes that go too far (mostly excessively racist or otherwise in poor taste), but for the most part people need to lighten up. smile

NornsMercyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree. I'm one of those people that laughs at something when no one else is laughing... awkwaaaard.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Some jokes do go too far, especially if it causes harm to the one who is getting the joke played on them. There is a fine line between joking and being bullied.

I agree, especially when it comes to "joking" over the internet and the power people get from anonymity. There's no boundaries nowadays, it seems.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I totally agree.

4. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

I'm not very fond of extremely hateful and cruel humor. I don't find it humorous generally, but I'm also more into humor that's a little bit thought-provoking and multidimensional; to me bigoted jokes are too bland and simple. But I can also get into a little silly humor too.

They are really simple and, even though people will deny it up and down, stem from hatred. I've never met a person who isn't hateful make those kinds of jokes.

5. jennshealthstore profile image90
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

I am not one to curse or use nasty language, but jokes are jokes and some are hilarious. Usually a comic will joke about various subjects all different kinds of people and they are not racist, they are comedians, they get paid to make people laugh. I say lighten up. You should not get personally offended!

Now, I do laugh at comedians. I can't really take them seriously because they're not being serious, lol. smile I find jokes funnier that are making fun of people like myself 'cause I can be like, "That is so true."

6. nehanatu86 profile image86
    nehanatu86posted 5 years ago

Yes, some jokes do go too far! People need to be more sensitive towards others. I recently came across this really good article on this subject. You may want to read it : http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes … uelty-hoax

working