Online publishing, even though copyrighted, does it interfere with selling the i

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

Online publishing, even though copyrighted, does it interfere with selling the item later?

Does copyrighting your material and publishing on HubPages make it more difficult to sell the finished work?

2. Paul Maplesden profile image78
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

If you make something publically available for free, you will have difficultiess elling it later, mainly because people will say 'If I can get this for free here, why should I pay for it?'.

If you're concerned about this on HP, i would suggest that you write your own content privately that you are going to sell and then write on related topics on HubPages to guage interest and see what the community thinks.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

Most places that purchase writing of any kind prefer that it not be published anywhere else. Read their guidelines carefully before submitting, and if they don't specify, don't be afraid to take down your hub in order to submit. Having said all of that, I do think that publishers have an opinion of things that have already been self published. While they still consider them, I think it has an impact on their decision process. I haven't yet figured out if it's a negative impact or a positive one. In the past, I believe it was negative, but I don't know how the age of the internet (and ebooks) has changed that.

working