jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Online publishing VS Publishing Houses

1. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

I just read a post by Marisa and she said traditional publishing houses wont touch anything which was previously published online.  Okay, I get that.  I can deal with that - except...does this count if it's incomplete?  I'm working on writing one of my hubs into a full-length book - should I take it down since I want to send it to a Publishing House when I finish?  Basically my hub is a primitive outline...

Thanks.

2. Shadesbreath profile image87
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

If you are converting a 1500 word idea into a 60k to 120k word project, it will no longer be the hub. Frankly, I'd be surprised if more than a line or two was left from the hub by the time you finished your revisions etc.

Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I get your point.   Thank you. smile

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

You may want to be aware that ideas - as opposed to manifest expressions - are not protected by copyright. If I was serious about a project, I would consider obtaining private critique instead of posting the outline here.

Not quite sure what you mean....the hub reads like a short story not an A. B. C. 1.2.3. type outline.  So, anyway, I might want to consider removing the hub?  It makes sense.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was referring to that you called it a "primitive outline." Now that I understand better, I am more in line with what Shadesbreath says. I think that publishing short excerpts can be a useful way to receive some feedback, and there is no reason to be getting overly cautious either.

big_smile  My mistake, it seems primitive to me  lol
          Thanks for your assistance smile

working