Can you tell more about a person by the questions they ask or by the answers they give?
Now you have put up a question I have judged about your personality but to maintain your secrecy I am not going to divulge it here in the web. When I have answered your question, it might enable you to tell more about me and I give you freedom to divulge the details. Thereafter I will evaluate if you could extract more than I extracted.
I believe so.
(1) The grammar and structure of sentences may tell me whether someone is educated or not.
(2) Those who post many questions one after the other, yet know the answer, tells me they are looking for attention or are trying to manipulate the HP system to get more traffic.
(3) Those who post many pictures of themselves tell me they are either insecure or self-absorbed.
(4) Those who express concern over their mentality over and over tells me they are crying out for help.
(5) Those who casually ask questions about our day tells me they are looking for socialization and just have a need to express themselves.
(6) Those who ask questions about current issues may be looking to see how society reacts to gather what the majority is (this is usually me... haha).
There is no 'black and white' answer to this question. I would say to a certain extent you can identify the level of intellect or have your first impression (if you like) both the one who asked them and one who answered them. MaximumFatloss has pointed out good points, but of course this is not ALWAYS the case! In Linguistics, this isn't the case either.
All answers here are good but again of course, they are merely hypothesis. No 'solid' evidence for this I believe!
Digging people and talking to them regularly (perhaps for years) will tell you more about a person's insights/intellects, attitude and personality. But then again you'll always have your initial impression and (in my case) often it is right, but again not all the time!
You can tell a little about a person by what question they ask, but when one answers a great question you can learn more. When one answers a question, you may go much deeper into how the person thinks.
I would say be the question. With a question you get to find out what there intentions are.
by Susannah Birch4 years ago
What do you think of people who ask a question then use the answers to write a hub?What do you think of people who ask a question (in forums or answer section etc) then use your answers and turn them into a hub? Would...
by Holly3 weeks ago
When you first meet someone, what do you notice first? Their shoes-their clothing-their hair? What is the best accessory someone can have-that they should never leave home without? When I first notice an individual- I...
by Penelope Hart4 years ago
Do you ask questions on Hub Pages because you're looking for answers, conducting a survey or......?You're asking for other reasons?
by Rodric Johnson4 years ago
Why do we have daily limits of questions that we can ask on Hub Pages?I get cut off after a while from asking questions. I ask question nto necessarily because I don't know the answers, but to sees how others differ in...
by A Ercoli6 years ago
When you ask a question, do you expect an answer?
by Ralph Schwartz2 years ago
Why ask a question - do you really care about the responses or is it for entertainment?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.