jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can you tell more about a person by the questions they ask or by the answers the

1. techap profile image67
    techapposted 5 years ago

Can you tell more about a person by the questions they ask or by the answers they give?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, you can tell a lot by their demeanor.

3. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

Now you have put up a question I have judged about your personality but to maintain your secrecy I am not going to divulge it here in the web. When I have answered your question, it might enable you to tell more about me and I give you freedom to divulge the details. Thereafter I will evaluate if you could extract more than I extracted. smile

4. Abby Campbell profile image95
    Abby Campbellposted 5 years ago

I believe so.

(1) The grammar and structure of sentences may tell me whether someone is educated or not.
    (2) Those who post many questions one after the other, yet know the answer, tells me they are looking for attention or are trying to manipulate the HP system to get more traffic.
    (3) Those who post many pictures of themselves tell me they are either insecure or self-absorbed.
    (4) Those who express concern over their mentality over and over tells me they are crying out for help.
    (5) Those who casually ask questions about our day tells me they are looking for socialization and just have a need to express themselves.
    (6) Those who ask questions about current issues may be looking to see how society reacts to gather what the majority is (this is usually me... haha).

5. Lanzskie profile image77
    Lanzskieposted 5 years ago

There is no 'black and white' answer to this question. I would say to a certain extent you can identify the level of intellect or have your first impression (if you like) both the one who asked them and one who answered them. MaximumFatloss has pointed out good points, but of course this is not ALWAYS the case! In Linguistics, this isn't the case either.

All answers here are good but again of course, they are merely hypothesis. No 'solid' evidence for this I believe!

Digging people and talking to them regularly (perhaps for years) will tell you more about a person's insights/intellects, attitude and personality. But then again you'll always have your initial impression and (in my case) often it is right, but again not all the time!

6. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

You can tell a little about a person by what question they ask, but when one answers a great question you can learn more. When one answers a question, you may go much deeper into how the person thinks.

7. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

I would say be the question. With a question you get to find out what there intentions are.