jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you feel that Multitasking is a necessity or a luxury?

1. CindyLockstone profile image61
    CindyLockstoneposted 4 years ago

Do you feel that Multitasking is a necessity or a luxury?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

It depends on the tasks. Multitasking such as answering questions on Hubpages while watching TV and talking with friends and doing Lumocity is something I do in my spare time. But studying? TV is off, talking to others ruins the concentration, etc. It's best to focus on projects and papers. So I consider multitasking a luxury for my spare time.

3. TNT Husky profile image71
    TNT Huskyposted 4 years ago

It can be both, depending on the situation. For me, it's always been a necessity because people ask for my help more than I could want, and I'm not too good at saying "no"

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

The need for multitasking in today's world would most certainly be necessity, but being able to actually do that is often a luxury as my brain does not handle it well, like it used to when I was young.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

Since the human brain can only deal with one issue at a time, there really is no such thing as multitasking.  In fact, the definition of multitasking is "doing several things badly at the same time".  Therefore, I neither think it is a necessity or a luxury because it actually does not exist!