jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I was thinking writing a story/novel, is it available to be done here on Hubpage

1. PaoloJpm profile image83
    PaoloJpmposted 4 years ago

I was thinking writing a story/novel, is it available to be done here on Hubpages?

Last time I wrote my first story which unfortunately gone to trash since our laptop fails to live more and without backup all those 400 plus pages were gone. So, I was thinking writing a new one. I am really fun of making things out of the unrealistic ideas linking it to reality. So, hope I could use some advice about this stuff Good day!

2. Amber Vyn profile image60
    Amber Vynposted 4 years ago

I'm still pretty new here. However, as far as I know, you are more than welcome to publish your story here. You probably want to break it down into 1200-1500 words chunks and serialize the story (e.g. 'My Story: Part 1'; 'My Story: Part 2', etc.).

PaoloJpmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. I was thinking of making series of chapters as I choose to publish it here. Yet, as you can see,  more of them told them that HP wasn't good place for it. But still I'll be making up my mind soon thanks Amber.

3. brianrock profile image88
    brianrockposted 4 years ago

There are sections for poetry and creative writing. So you could certainly write and share your story on HubPages.

Whether it's a good idea depends on your goal in publishing the book. Fiction and poetry tend to do very poorly in terms of page views and earnings, because they're not searchable content. So if you're looking to publish you story for profit (and/or make a profit on HubPages), then this probably isn't the place for you.

Personally, if I were trying to publish a whole story I'd either A) type it up and format it as a Kindle eBook to sell on Amazon or b) host it on a blog, like Wordpress.com, where I'd have more control over the design and layout of the site.

But, if you're happy with what HubPages offers (a semi-restrictive publishing environment that will serve up your story to viewers but won't really help it get found or be visible), then go ahead and give it a try.

P.S. You might try typing your documents in Google Drive and/or syncing them to a Google Drive account in the future. That way everything is backed up and stored in the cloud, so if your laptop dies you won't lose it again. That's a horrible feeling when a computer or hard drive dies (or a flash drive is lost) and you realize you don't have your data backed up.

Thanks dude, truly appreciated it, anyway. I wasn't writing it for profit, just for my recreational activity and enhancing my writing skills. (plus I'm not even accepted on google adsense yet ). Oh, yeah, I'll be securing everything I do from now on

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 4 years ago

Hubpages is NOT a good place for publishing creative writing and poetry. Yes there are categories for it, yes people publish here but it's not going to get you the most readers and you'll have a harder time finding readers who are actually interested. I would recommend publishing your story as an e-book. It's still free for you but you can get it out there as a real thing. I think it's smashwords that will let you set the list price as free so Amazon will price match you to free. That's probably a good place to start. Once you gain some readership you can up the price. Then when you write on hubpages you can link to that e-book and your hubpages followers are more likely to read it. It's also a lot more convenient because they can just download it to their devices instead of trying to read it online.

Please feel free to send me a message if you wish. I am also working on a novel and trying to figure out the best way to finish it, then publish, then promote it.

Thank you, for the first 3 who answered you guys it wasn't a good idea to publish, maybe you guys were right plus I am really interested about your advice since I am not yet familiar about it. Looking forward for exchange messages on you smile

5. Sunny River profile image60
    Sunny Riverposted 4 years ago

I am publishing a novel on here, but I am not doing it with the intent of making loads of money right now. I'm simply publishing the first draft as I write it to get some feedback and see if it keeps peoples interest and is enjoyable to read, that sort of thing. When I actually publish it, I plan on taking it down from here.

Oh, I don't do it for money too, I am just enhancing my writing skills. And like what you said, feedback can really be a good help to make a quality and interesting novel.