jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are YOUR descriptions and feelings regarding the color blue?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are YOUR descriptions and feelings regarding the color blue?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I find blue a color that is peaceful and serene.  My bedroom is painted in a lovely shade of blue for that reason.  Unfortunately my office space is also blue and it needs to be a higher energy color I think sometimes smile.

Blue instantly relaxes me.  Some associate it with melancholy or sadness, but I don't. I find it incredibly soothing.

3. jjackson786 profile image95
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

Blue is otherworldly. It has the ability to color the deepest depths of the ocean, or the brilliant height of the sky. It represents sadness, but also rebirth. It is cooling, calming, and reminiscent of a peaceful night sky where stars wink at their watchers. It's the sleek side of a flashing fish, and the bottomless pools of a newborn's eyes.

1. profile image0
      biochemiposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i think blue color is electromagnetic rays having higher energy. Therefore this type of rays greatly impact on our retina causing visual cycle to operate faster . Thus blue color is quite more sensitive to our eyes and is more impressive.

4. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Blue  has  a calm effect and  relaxes ones mind. Even looking up at the blue sky makes one feel great

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

This is my favourite color. It leaves a feeling of peace and serenity within your soul.
    It is a calming color.

I love the rain and as a matter of fact that is why I believe rain is so peaceful listening to the sounds beat against a window or just stepping outside. It is water which in turn to me is the color blue.

If you stare at the color blue for a bit and free your mind, you will enjoy a peaceful relaxed feeling somewhere off into the spirit world. I also associate it with the spirit world

When I worked at a school, I was told that most of the classrooms are/have some kind of blue, therefore making it very calming for the younger children.