jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

What was your favorite Dr. Seuss book ?

1. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

What was your favorite Dr. Seuss book ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8429943_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

My favorite all time book is Put Me In The Zoo.  However recently while researching, I discovered that it wasn't actually written by Dr. Seuss.  It is a Dr. Seuss Reading book though.  My second favorite is Best Nest which is also not written by Dr. Seuss. 

I love Horton.  I think I'd go with that one that was written by Dr. Seuss.  We have a substantial collection in our home library.

loveofnightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also love Horton the elephant and his famous quote: I meant what I said and I said what I meant......

3. Rochelle Frank profile image97
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

I liked all of them and read most to my kids.
    "If I Ran the Circus " and "If I ran the Zoo" were favorites. They were some of the earlier ones , before the Cat in the Hat and the Grinch.
    The first Suess book I read was "The 500 Hats of Barthlomew Cubbins". I read it in about 5th or 6th grade, and it was one of his VERY early books. I really liked it, though it was really aimed at younger children.

I'm with you, I really can't remember or think of a Dr. Seuss book that I didn't like.

4. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

"The Cat in the Hat" and "The Lorax" are great books, as well as movies. I don't know if I have a favorite, though. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas is another great one. I like how each book teaches a lesson.

that is the main thing that i love about these books, they always have lessons to teach.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

My favorite is "Yertle the Turtle" -- as Lisa Simpson once said in an episode of "The Simpsons," it is the most authoritative volume ever written on the subject of turtle stacking.

6. profile image0
    Meraki-Sanposted 4 years ago

I liked Green Eggs and Ham, How The Grinch Stole Christmas and You're Only Old Once.

green eggs and ham had a really good moral end for kids that don't like trying new things.

7. esatchel profile image90
    esatchelposted 4 years ago

I loved "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "One Fish, Two Fish, Red, Fish, Blue Fish". I LOVED the "Fishy Book", as I called it!

I have to say however, that I thought, even as a child, that "The Cat in the Hat" was super creepy and didn't like to read it or have it read to me at all. I felt he was highly suspicious, having the children do all the things they were not supposed to do and some very dangerous things.

Even as an adult, I find the book creepy. The cat brings to mind a child abuser, grooming a child.

lol... not fun, probably not a popular position, but that is the truth in how I feel!

working