jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When do you find you are most productive with writing?

1. Steve Witschel profile image96
    Steve Witschelposted 4 years ago

When do you find you are most productive with writing?

I end to work best late at night or early in the morning when it's quiet and there is nobody else around. Do you find the same to be true, or is there a particular schedule that you follow?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

If I'm working on a new hub, I tend to work best early in the morning. When I'm working on a novel, I seem to work better in the evening. I'm not sure why I have different times for different types of writing.

3. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

My times vary from day to day. It just depends on my mood, what needs done, how well I can concentrate.

4. Eric Calderwood profile image84
    Eric Calderwoodposted 4 years ago

I am most productive at night. During the day I am more likely to get distracted or lack motivation.

5. heart4theword profile image80
    heart4thewordposted 4 years ago

When there is something heavy on my heart that just can not be explained as well in person. Journaling also is where some of my better writings seem to flourish from smile

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

For me it was always early in the morning. I do a lot of waiting where I work, so I have some chances to write there and the morning shifts were always the most productive. I hope one day to get that back because I'm on a second shift schedule now. I still get stuff done, but it feels like I'm a snail now.

7. emartin74 profile image76
    emartin74posted 4 years ago

I find I'm most productive with writing early in the morning, especially during the week when I have to work my full-time phone job.

8. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 4 years ago

Definitely at night. I also now have a dedicated workspace that's my combination office and jewelry studio. No one comes into this place unless I expressly invite them, and I can barely even hear outside noises. With this space, I can be as productive during the day as I am during most nights. That said, night is ALWAYS effortless for me, and I'm always sad to stop and go to bed just because the kids will be up in a few hours.